Tuesday 20 November 2007

Pash - The Best Gun

When you get sent free stuff it's rude not to isn't it? Fanatic, a promotions company from the US, have recently added me to their mailing list and have begun to email me with mp3 goodness loosely related to Hip Hop.

Pash are a collection of musicians who make tunes with guitars and stuff. Their vocalist is a lady called Meredith Munoz and their music really reminds me of music I used to listen to. I don't actively seek to listen to music like this any more - all my time is spent hunting down and listening to Hip Hop. If, however, it's served up on my plate for me, I'm more than happy to listen to it and accept it. And seeing as I've been feeling just a little stifled by my Hip Hop only diet this couldn't have come at a better time.

Pash bring melodic indie pop right up to date in a very sensible way. Flying in the face of the current trend of bands who, to my ears, sound unaccomplished in one or more ways, Pash have a togetherness that nears perfection. If you like indie bands fronted by girls who really can sing, such as The Cranberries, then I can see no reason why you wouldn't like any of the songs Fanatic have offered for your listening pleasure. This is certainly a breath of fresh air for me and if you're here then it probably will be for you too. Give it a try.

Pash - Kill Rich Boys I - A fast pace, movie chase style lament.
Pash - ABCD - A good song about something, I'm rubbish at listening to none Hip Hop lyrics.
Pash - The Best Gun - A familiar sounding riff heralds this devotional.

No comments: