Wednesday 17 June 2009

'Georgiavania' - Willie Isz (album review)

OK so I’m not gonna jump on the ‘Georgiavania’-is-the-best-thing-since-sliced-Outkast bandwagon but I will say there are some top tunes on this album by Jneiro Jarel and Khujo Goodie who are collectively, Willie Isz.

I’m not a fan of the singy songs but there are a few cuts on here that stand out immensely: ‘Blast Off’, ‘Georgiavania’ and top track ‘The Grussle’ – the first sea-shanty crunk banger? ‘Closer ‘In The Red’ is mellow excellence (it also conveys some beautifully idealistic views – if only…) and ‘I Didn’t Mean To…’ is nice musically - the one sung song that I enjoy on here. The rest is a bit too lefty for my sheltered ears; for some, it’s evidently what makes this album.

If you like something a bit different i.e. really indie-electro southern rap, then grab this album quicker than you’d grab something you really wanted. If not, get yersen on itunes and download the tracks I mentioned earlier.

No comments: