Monday 29 November 2010

The Future Is In Your Hands?

Do you have what it takes to steer the good ship Certified Banger into 2011 and beyond? Do you love UK Hip Hop more than life itself? Do you want to receive a ton of free music a month? Do you want to make your opinions on music count?

If you answered ‘yes’ to all of the above then send me an email. I’m looking to hand over the wheel after almost 4 years at the helm. I’m looking for someone who can commit their time to providing CB’s large readership with the reviews, news and interviews that they deserve in order to maintain CB’s reputation. I’m looking for someone who can maintain the standards that I have strived hard to bring to the UK Hip Hop scene.

This is an opportunity for someone to take over a well known and respected site with an established readership and a huge list of industry contacts ranging from artists to record labels, from promoters to PR people.

Email me a piece of your own writing, preferably Hip Hop related, and a quick bit about yourself and we can go from there.

____________________________________________________________________

Certified Banger has been a blast, but it’s time for me to step down. I feel that I no longer provide the type of coverage I once did. But, I don’t want the ship to go down. I want it to continue its voyage and as a result I am currently searching for a worthy replacement owner for the site.

It is of utmost importance to me that Certified Banger is handed over to someone who is passionate about the music that you create, promote, or just love listening to. I have worked hard to get the site to where it is today and understand that for many, it has provided important coverage and support and I would love this to continue to be so. I hope that whoever I find as new owner will continue to support you and will continue to bring quality news, reviews and interviews from the UK Hip Hop scene.

This is not my departure from the scene, nor is it a sign of me falling out of love with the music; I feel that CB is something I can no long do justice to as my life is so busy with family, work and other commitments which now must take precedence. I do however hope to still provide the odd review for the site and by no means want to lose touch with the scene.

If you know of someone who might be up for the task then please ask them to be in touch with me. The transfer needs to happen at a grassroots level so that the site goes from one enthusiast to another.

I hope you all understand my decision and appreciate that I am going to do my best to keep the site going instead of just letting it go. Hopefully Certified Banger will remain the site to support underground music for years to come.

I would like to thank everyone who I’ve met or been in contact with over these last few years – thank you for believing in my vision and for trusting me with your music. Thanks for helping me make Certified Banger a success. Much love.


No comments: