Monday, 24 September 2007

Wonderwall-esque


I know some people hate Oasis and brand them as uncreative for their use of similar chord progressions in their songs, particularly on What's The Story Morning Glory but I jolly well like their music from that period. This is a timeless classic, one that everyone should hear, that has, as is often the way, been covered by everyone who has ever picked up a guitar in the last 10 years. The song was so popular that some nonce covered it within a year of its release (Mike Flowers stand up) and even just the other night I heard some bird singing a strange slow and stretched version of it on the wireless. (Go vote for a version inc. Mike F and Jackie O!)

Imagine my shock when itunes randomly selected Omillio Sparks's's's 'In The Ghetto' for my listening pleasures and it sounded just like Oasis went 'hood. This is a classic ghetto narrative a la 2Pac except that Sparks is spitting over a drum machine-less Wonderwall chord pattern driven track. Anyway, it's not a bad song, more interesting than amazing, but it's not a bad song.


Oasis - Wonderwall (remix) - it's got beats and cuts and that.


Also on a Wonderwall tip; did you ever hear the mashups with Green Day (Boullevard of Broken Dreams) and Travis (Writing to Reach You)? The only reason that I found out they existed is that after hearing a (much better than the ones on you tube) mashup of these tracks with what I think was 'The Message' by Melle Mel in Turkey I really wanted to hear it again. If anyone can find the Turkish one I'd like that!

6 comments:

Tommoyo said...

Wonderful post Spade, i often wonder what happened to Oasis, maybe they were filled with a spritual wonderlust and wondered off to find someone wonder a bridge. Splarf.

Oleg Bulkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aidan said...

Hey, I don't actually know who it's by, my brother d/l'd it and it didn't say anythng about who made it. Sorry...bump it anyway an say you made it

*lolo* said...

I loove oasis :) their songs help me when I feel bad.. but also when I feel alright! I really like it!

wow gold said...

In fact wow gold, the results wow gold are quite a buy wow gold surprise; according buy wow gold to a study cheap wow goldby the University cheap wow gold of Delaware, wow power leveling most wow power leveling hardcore players power levelingare actually power levelingfemale. This wow goldnew high was reachedbuy wow gold following the cheap wow goldof the Lich KingTM.

yiwu said...

Let us go to Yiwu city to buy China wholesale products at lowest wholesale price.Browse Alphabetically: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,0-9