Wednesday 9 January 2008

Seel Fresh is Real Fresh


Coming up in the Hip Hop game via Graffiti aint a bad way to go about things when you might not look like the 'typical' MC (See Kid Acne). Gaining respect for your throw-ups must give one the required qualifications for making the transition from having your name known to getting your sound out there. Seel Fresh is one such cross-discipline artist who is doing his thing in Chicago right now.

Before this morning I'd never heard of him (and you can't blame me, I live in Yorkshire, UK!) but now, a few hours later, I'm sat in my chair making moves very similar to those Seel makes in his video for 'Drinkalot' (ya know, white boy Hip Hop dancing and gestures). Whilst I don't exactly agree with the man and his endorsement of mixing excessive amounts of alcohol I can't help but love the beat and his simple, fresh and fun flow. It's this type of music that enables me to massively enjoy a night out without drinking. Here's the video which was just released today

If you're feeling this then you should check out his album 'Trife Life' which includes 'Nickelpimp', a song all about scrimping and saving and other more illegal ways of getting loose change, 'Midwest Monsters', a bluesy number which features Juice; a tune about where they're from and how they do and 'Gifted', a track that boasts Thirstin Howl III and Rack-Lo as guests on which they boast about how good they are. Classic rap fair then; criminal activity, money making, ego building, alcohol fueled party music but all done with a bit of a cheeky grin.


No comments: