Thursday 17 July 2008

Save Target As

It's about time that I bless with you with some actual music, I know I can't expect you to just read about music and watch videos with music on them. To get the balance I'll not write very much today.

First some heat from Seattle: 'Tobacco Road' by Common Market is a beautifully chilled southern country baptist gospel type track seemingly based alot on farming. This theme continues, apparently, throughout the album - one I'm really looking forward to.

End of the Weak is a British MC battle competition and a load of it's partakers (Reain, Stig of the Dump, Dr Syntax, SonnyJim, Jazz T) got together over some Chemo production to create this banger: 'End of the Weak'.

Estelle had a life before she met Kanye and Will.I.Am and a rich and fruitful life it was. Here is an early demo/promo that is funkybanginghard - 'Ahead of my Flow'. Thanks to Disorda at Suspect Packages for that.

Lupe Fiasco and A-Trak have made this cool tune and it's something to do with Nike: 'Running Man'.

Naughty by Nature are back with a little remake of The Game's 'Game's Pain'. It's called 'Hip Hop's Pain' and is all about how they respect the new wave of artists.

Leeds lad Breaking the Illusion (BTI for short) has remixed fellow Leeds lad's The Hair's track 'Half Cut'. That type of British Indie music isn't really my bag and the remix just makes it a bit more electronic and glitchy but BTI's lyrics on the last verse are worth hearing.

Finally, this track by Tobias: 'Bumper 2 Bumper'. It basically sounds nice so it's here. I think it's about rush hour traffic.

No comments: