Monday 30 March 2009

On The Radar Artist Profile: King David

Name: "King" David Jones

Age: 25

From: Bedford

Track on ‘On The Radar’: 'Crop Circles' ft. Circle Makerz

Tell us the story behind the track: I found a sick producer on myspace called Safron (see OTR Vol.1) who gave me this beat, I recorded my verse within a week, linked up with Circle Makerz from North London who did Verse 2 and mixed it down! The song is basically using Crop Circles as a metaphor for Hip Hop and everything to do with this art. My verse in particular is a story told as if I have been sent here to portray my art in mysterious ways.

Record Label: None as yet.

Who you roll with: The Bedford Hiphop scene is a bit dry right now, Ive got alot of Links around England, mainly in London with Warlord Baka, Major Crow, Circle Makerz etc, and Ive got Killer Falcon from Scotland, Nova kane from the USA who's down with C-Ray Walz and Holocaust, White lotus of LCOB, Nix from Denmark. And my Main producer, Hungary's finest NomaGrof!

Favourite album(s): Way too many to name! Pharoahe Monch - 'Internal Affairs', MOP - 'Warriorz' was big. Most of Jedi Minds Releases! Anything by Canibus or Rass Kas! As for the Uk I'm feelin Jehst, Syntax, Klashnekoff, Foreign beggars, Braintax! F**k man I could go on for hours.

Describe your style in three words: Lyrical, Psychedelic, HipHop

Past/Present/Future projects: I am currently working on a solo album produced entirely by NomaGrof From Hungary entitled 'Molotov: A True Baptism of Fire', coming with everything I've got and some sick features too!

Volume 3's out next week so grab Vol.2 in the meantime!

No comments: