Monday 22 December 2008

Incisive Interivew

"...there isn’t that much options for alternative more conscious music that isn’t too extreme and backpacky – I think I try and strike a balance in between."

After sending me a couple of his forthcoming singles on the all-the-more common self-promoted grind, I hooked up an interview with Incisive, a rapper you're sure to be hearing from in '09. Get ahead of the game and find out all about him now:

Certified Banger: Yo Incisive, in order for people to get to know can you tell us all the basics: Where you’re from, how long you’ve been making music, what projects you’ve worked on in the past:

Incisive: I’m a rapper from West London. I’ve been making music since around 1992 when I was in a duo called I.n.A - Incisive & Adrenaline but it wasn’t until 1998 that we recorded our first first album and showcased our developing skills in the final of Choice FM’s Rapology ‘98.

Since then, I’ve nurtured and refined my skills by recording another two fully independent albums and securing regular airplay on pirate and mainstream stations such as Choice, kiss and 1Xtra from tracks from the albums. A lot of my material is self produced not because I wanted to get into production particularly but more because I didn’t have producers around that were willing to give away as many beats as I needed. So I learnt how to produce and record my own tunes through engineering for myself and others in a local youth centre and using the internet to teach myself how to play piano and guitar. Only through an informed choice, being aware that I wasn’t fully prepared and wanting to finish university was it that I didn’t push the radio buzz further.

Now that I’ve finished University, upped my game and skills, I feel I’m ready to show the world my music.

To continue reading, click here

No comments: