Tuesday 17 November 2009

On The Radar Artist Interview: Vee Kay

"Sometimes I use a mic to record vocals, but most of the time I rock some headphones through the input so I can keep it grimey."

Sometime around the time when 'On The Radar Vol. 4' dropped, UK Hip Hop producer Vee Kay let himself loose on the Certified Banger stock questions. It is only now that I have come to terms with his lack of respect and decided to blow the dust off the Word Doc for your public eyes to see:

Certified Banger: Can you tell us your necessary background details so we can build on basics for the rest of the interview? For example: who you are, where you are from, projects you have worked on, people you have worked with.

Vee Kay: I'm Vee Kay, I make Hip Hop and trans-atlantic-speed-bhangra. It's a fairly new genre, but it's coming on with quite a following - so far there's about 14 people into it!

CB: How would you describe your sound? Is there any one track that would best define your style?

VK: My sound is a mixture of Rice Krispies and chocolate. Oh, sorry, that’s Krispy Cakes. Well then my style is just whatever it comes out like at the time of creation - sometimes I'll make a beat with an artist in mind and we'll go from there, otherwise it's whatever sound I find that inspires me first.


No comments: