Tuesday 14 April 2009

Hip Hop Producers - Haka Interview

"I want to take it back, back to when Hip Hop was at its realest, I want to see Hip Hop back the way its supposed to be, I’m not happy where it is right now..."

Haka, the producer who just dropped his first mixtape/album 'Underground Journeys', took a few minutes to answer my questions about him and his work. If you don't know, get to know:

Certified Banger: Haka, could you introduce yourselves to us a bit? Who are you? Where you’re from? What do you do?

Haka: I’m a producer, originally from Ladbroke Grove, West London. But I moved to South London when I was 17 and been in Battersea since.

CB: How long have you been producing for? How did you start out and what inspired you?

Haka: Only been producing tracks for about 6 months/a year, but been making beats for about 4 years. I started out just playing guitar in to Acid Pro and sequencing some simple beats. There wasn’t one thing that inspired me, it was everything - my surrounding, my boys, my older brothers playing Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Eric B & Rakim etc when growing up, I just grew a passion for the culture and music.

No comments: