Saturday 4 April 2009

'Two Fingers' ft. Sway - Two Fingers (mini album review)

Just been checking out the new album by Two Fingers (Amon Tobin and Double Click), which is also called 'Two Fingers'. It features Sway heavily (he's on half of the tracks) and although the beats aren't in anyway Hip Hop - more electronic-glitch-wonk stuff, Sway drops all the verses and concepts that the Hip Hop heads probably wished he'd come with on 'The Signature LP'. If you weren't really feeling what he had to say on that album, and let's face it, it wasn't as good lyrically as all of his guest spots and even his debut his album, then you really won't be dissapointed with this release on Ninja Tune.

If it wasn't for Sway I wouldn't listen to this album but his ability to rock any beats pulls me right in. As a result I'm not really into any of the other tracks on here (although being the adoring fan I am, if Sway was spitting on them, I'd like them - I know I'm fickle!). It's really worth checking out just to hear Sway back up to his old tricks.


No comments: