Wednesday 7 January 2009

'Intergalactic' Art

Remember, Gallery 1988 in LA is having a Beastie Boys flavoured show right now entitled 'Under the Influence'. I've decided, because I ove those boys so much, to keep posting pictures from it.

Today we have Dan Santat's contribution and here's what he told me about his poster and his Beastie Boys love:

"'Intergalactic' is my favorite music video of theirs and a lot of my work has been inspired by old Japanese monster movies, toys and pulp art.

I love the Beastie Boys music because it's fun. I like a lot of rap and hip hop but their songs aren't about the b**ch they f**ked or the gangster they shot or the drugs they sold. Those themes can get pretty stale rather quickly. It's just about whatever. Life and having fun!

My favorite Beastie Boys song is probably 'Get It Together' (I have been just as big a fan of A Tribe Called Quest)"

So there you have it!


No comments: