Friday 9 October 2009

'Ellipsis EP' - Scatabrainz (EP Review)

Scottish instrumental goodness - Scatabrainz' 'Ellipsis EP'. Using samples perfectly alongside lilting, swinging beats he creates the beats I crave at the moment. From the vocal utilised in 'Someone To Love You' to the blinding synth bass of 'Munatayo' this is going to be admired by all serious beat heads - download (for £3), bump and grimace.

Quotes from men in the know go like this:

"really feeling this, perfect blend of classic Hip Hop production fused with electronics and a healthy sprinkling of detroit stylings on top, 'I Know You're There' is my pick but the whole EP is hot" - Hudson Mohawke (Warp/LuckyMe)

"I'm in a position where I get to hear a lot of beats week in week out...not to say I'm overloaded with beats but I hear my fair share of bangers so I'm not easily gassed! I heard a joint and a half from Scatabrainz and I immediately had to find out who this dude was and started sending his bandcamp addy out to my peoples....boy! This EP is serious! I suggest you pay attention!" - Kosyne (Louis Den/EatGood Records



No comments: