Monday 26 October 2009

'The Kinesis Thesis' - K.I.N.E.T.I.C. (album review)

Solid, real Hip Hop is on the menu with K.I.N.E.T.I.C.'s sophomore LP release. With always-reliable production from Jon Phonics plus more dope beats from ones to watch JJ Malone and Vintage (who enlists Chemo's co-production help on 'Leave It All Behind' this album will keep you involved for its 47 minutes.

With lyrical performances as powerful as 'Love Has Never Lived Here' (an honest look behind the doors of K.I.N.E.T.I.C.'s childhood home), it's obvious his Energy Man suffix doesn't just adhere to the kind of hyped up Hip Hop displayed on opener 'Let's Go' - electricty runs through whatever topic is tackled.

Overall the album documents the elements that contribute to the MCs place in life - the city ('In The City'), soul destroying 9 to 5s '(Leave It All Behind'), upbringing and Hip Hop itself ('Memory Lane'). The bluesy 'Don't Be Silly' tells a tale of changing attitudes to love as a result of heartbreak - an attitude sadly adopted by many, resulting in an endless cycle of messy relationships.

'The Kinesis Thesis' is released digitally on Monday November 16th.

No comments: